Part Time Teller
Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being an effective source of information for our members: in lobby, drive-thru window or by telephone. Provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to members and credit union associates assuring a positive experience and minimizing wait time.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and borrowing members: receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested. Issue Traveler’s Checks and money orders or official checks, receive currency for coin and verify amounts, cash checks according to written procedures. Verbally confirm intended transactions with member to ensure needs are met and errors are minimal.
· Balance cash drawer daily to ensure accuracy in transactions and notify supervisor regarding any outages. Appropriately apply all policies.
· Research, troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries regarding policies, practices and products.
· Address inquiries on accounts, record amounts and dates of payments and other significant information, check member calculations and validate checks, cash or electronic transactions.
· Assist other departments and branches with transactions as needed; provide support for the department and branch managers in fulfilling member requests.
· Create and maintain a clean, neat, pleasant work environment by maintaining a professional look (i.e. dress, posture, attitude, etc.), positive outlook and behavior toward members and co-workers.
· Contribute to overall success of branch in working towards branch deposit and member goals. Adhere to all service standards set by the credit union.
· Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Six months to two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
A high school degree or GED is required.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with members, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature are a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Member / Stakeholder Focus: Builds and maintains effective relationships with credit staff, lenders and members. Identifies member/stakeholder’s needs and expectations. Listens carefully in order to see issue from their point of view. Offers practical solutions or recommendations focused on achieving the member/stakeholder’s expectations.
Adaptability: Learns and adapts quickly in new situations. Possesses a flexible style, the ability to change and adapt to fit circumstances. Adjusts with ease, resulting in successful performance.
Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and does not blame others.
Collaboration: Values others and different perspectives. Actively seeks and enlists participation of other departments, functional areas and individuals in order to achieve goals. Promotes the common good, extends self beyond personal self-interest; engages in appreciative inquiry and a spirit of caring, not finger-pointing or blaming.
Effective Communication: Puts others at ease by listening. Allows adequate time for interactions, gives undivided attention to speaker, demonstrates non-verbal cues that show interest, keeps an open mind and concentrates on the speaker’s message. Responds with information or questions, as appropriate. Remains calm, focused and polite, even during stressful conversations.
Professionalism- Consistently conducts self in a manner that is business appropriate. Manner of speech, attire and interaction with others conveys competency, confidence, credibility, respect and efficiency to others. Is polite, courteous, tactful, responsible, and well-groomed. Establishes and maintains professional boundaries in all work related relationships.
Problem Solving- Gathers and analyzes information, identifies goals, explores and selects solutions, implements and action plan and evaluates results to ensure identified goals have been achieved.
Consultative Selling - Demonstrates the ability to influence others by listening, gathering and analyzing information in order to accurately understand their needs. Provides expert advice and functions as a knowledgeable resource, works collaboratively in order to develop possible solutions, and/or to solve problems. Presents information, products and services in a manner that secures commitment.
NOTE: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by staff members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of staff assigned to this position.